Monday, November 30, 2009

Tiger Woods statement on Crash Rumors



Ultimately Tiger Woods has finally released a statement regarding his car accident over the weekend. The golfing champion takes “sole responsibility” for the crash and decries rumors that his wife, former Swedish model Elin Nordegren, played a role in the accident.

“As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week…This situation is my fault, and it’s obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I’m human and I’m not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn’t happen again,” Tiger mentioned in a statement on his website on Sunday, contradicting reports that he fought with Elin over an alleged affair with party hostess Rachel Uchitel. “Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible. The only person responsible for the accident is me.”

Tiger Woods, was hurt in a single car accident in Florida on Friday and later released from the hospital in good condition after treatment. A local police chief said the Tiger Woods wife used a golf club to smash a window of his SUV to get him out. Woods, 33, who made a triumphant return to professional golf this year after missing much of last season following reconstructive knee surgery, suffered “serious” injuries, the Florida Highway Patrol said. But the golfer’s office called the accident “minor.”

The PGA winner champions his wife a hero by acting “courageously” in helping him after the crash.

“My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false…this incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment