Friday, January 22, 2010

2009

The blog is back!!! When I look back at 2009, I decided long ago my favorite mistake was adopting Stella. Nick had wanted a dog for a while and I was terribly against it. Being the practical person I am, I felt we weren’t ready for a dog. Our living situation alone wasn’t conducive for a goldfish, let alone a four-legged 55 lbs animal! But I let my guard down. Against my better judgment, I let Nick drag me to a local rescue group to visit a litter of boxer/ lap puppies. The litter had been abandoned underneath a house and were so starved the vet didn’t think they would all survive. 12 weeks latter the litter was healthy and ready to be adopted. Although Nick said we would “just look,” I knew in my heart once we saw the litter, we would go home with one.
Almost a year later, Stella is the best decision we’ve made as a married couple. It has taught us how to be life giving, disciplined, organized, and compassionate. It also made us embrace our city and enjoy the little things our community has to offer. Although it hasn’t always been easy….. I tragically lost a pair of shoes and we rarely can sleep in past 7:30, we now can’t imagine our life without Stella.

Here is one of my favorite pictures from last year!


No comments:

Post a Comment