Monday, March 29, 2010

How to go from sketch to finished painting?–part 3 –Hand painting circles, the hard way.

Stage 6

The project continues from here and here

There must be easier ways of painting circles! I’m sure! But I’m not using them because…?

Well I’m not sure of that either!

Probably because I don’t have a computer controlled cutter that works. (I have an old one but no software compatible with Windows 7). I need to touch up the circles but there’s progress. Is it me, or does it look like an eye test? You know the which is clearer the red background or the green section! And the white shape reminds me of one of the six badges on brownie uniforms from the 70’s. I was a “Kelpie” – see image below right (Courtesy of ebay sales pages). There was a white one, but I can’t remember the name to search for the image.

Circles painted

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I now need to cut masks for the letters. After mulling over the design some more, I’ve decided to work the letters in a trashco font style. Not exactly the same but close enough to get a similar effect. As access tomorrow is and issue, I’ll be working from home. I’ve measured the space and I’ll draw the letters and cut them out using frisket film.

Time to get my hammer and hole punches out. I’ve a feeling tomorrow will be very noisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment