Sunday, April 25, 2010

Contemporary art alive in Buckingham – New gallery opening

Buckingham is not known for it’s modernity. Having a town centre which has changed little since Georgian times. So imagine my delight when a Contemporary Art Gallery opened last year. Ginny Gray Gallery. And, what’s more, they feature local artists! Major plus in my book. Ginny Gray.

And now, Ginny and Rob Gray the proprietors, have opened a second gallery Yellow Kite gallery. More joy! Well Ginny seems to be happy here!

The opening was today and I popped along for a mooch. I was delighted with the informal atmosphere. I often feel awkward in galleries so it’s important to me the vibe is right.Bronze at Yellow Kite Gallery

They seem to have managed that.

OK, before you ask, I’m not on commission here! No one is paying me to publicise the gallery, I just really liked it. And I don’t have any artwork there!

I was seriously tempted by a couple of pieces…maybe when funds allow? But until then I’ll just drool.

This bronze (left) caught my eye, as did some rather lovely glass pieces. One by a local artist called Twls Johnson (Ammonite scene). I love her work, but I struggle to say her name. It’s Welsh if you need to work it out!

There was glasswork by Vitreus Art which I liked and paintings  by Susie Grindley (I found this link to an exhibition of her work) a mixture of paintings with a little needlework.

I could go on but just check out Yellow Kite gallery for more information.

Bronze at Yellow Kite Gallery

I leave you with another of my favourite sculptures from the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment