Friday, April 23, 2010

Power corrupts .
Absolute power corrupts absolutely .
- John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton
( Lord Acton )






*********************





Hello my fellow readers .

Due to an unforeseen sickness and a series of very serious illness , I was away most of the time and was unable to attend school , tuition or any other strenuous activities like tennis or badminton .

I spent most of my time recuperating on my bed in my room with truck loads of medicine that I have to consume daily . Furthermore , all of them tasted like crap ( not that I expect them to taste sweet )

And while I was in my bed , this really gave me the time to do some serious soul searching about what has recently happened . Truthfully , I have also given some thought about my past .

All the weird but wonderful events that really has taken its toll and shaped up the Jaden we have all come to know and love .

Whilst I was recovering , I could not help but think about my fellow readers who most probably are dying in anticipation , waiting for me to update my blog but failed to do so . It's not that I do not have the time or anything but ..

For the past few days , the moment I stare into the computer .. everything just spins and I feel so dizzy . It can't be helped .

Alas , after consuming medication that's able to fill up an Olympic sized swimming pool I am now ready to blog like a normal human being once again !

But , there will be no more late night blogging for me . The doctor says that I need to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night . How ... delightful huh ?

Screw you Dr Phil ..












*****************




Today ! It was indeed a hectic day . Full of fun , excitement , activities and most importantly .. life .

It's one of those days where your school authorities decided that their school compound isn't dirty enough , so they allow us to run a Canteen Day to mess the whole place up .

It really was a brilliant idea and everything was going swell until the moment Jaden stepped into the school area and Pn Teo could immediately feel the chill going down her spine . I know she regrets allowing this to happen now ..



Anyways ! I helped out a little at my class stall . The class was divided into two groups , I guess and most of us turned up , surprisingly .

It's one of those days where the attendance of the Canteen Day overrules the ones of the examination month by 50 percent . Everyone was having fun though , no matter if their stuck selling cakes in the mud or having to deal with crazy people who would pay to play really ' sohai ' games such as miniature golf in the class rooms .

But what's the point of naming it Canteen Day when the people who work at the Canteen doesn't work at all ?

Perhaps its a day where they get the day off instead . Gives us a feeling of what it's like selling food in ginormous proportions to hungry , pissed off , sweaty bastards .

Or maybe the workers working at the canteen were operating as usual . Maybe , they were outsold by the competitions . And I might add the fact that the competition was tough . Really tough .

They were people selling cakes , chicken rice , spaghetti bolognaise , soups , sausages , chicken wings , grilled prawns , mashed potatoes , potato salads , fruits galore and lots more ! There were cold drinks , hot drinks , cold and hot drinks , cold or hot drinks and there even was a drink where if one drinks it , well .. let's just say you'll end up stark-naked , mugged and you can't remember why there is a pencil shoved up your ass .

Forgive my language . As I've said before , it can't be helped .

Back at my workplace , it was chaotic as ever . I wasn't surprised when they chose the theme ' Alice In Wonderland ' . It was a good theme .

Everyone was wearing really cool hats . The ones I would wear ! And there really was a Mad Hatter in the class . But she wasn't mad rather , insane . She's the boss of the whole operation and she went a little bit overboard with her Mad Hatter character . Okay maybe not a little bit .. a whole lot !

I mean , she took the Mad Hatter role to a whole new level ! A level where children cry and adults wet their pants at the sight of their beloved hat-fetish psychopath . I mean , you might as well name the theme ' Alice Who Should Have Not Gone to Wonderland ' instead . It's level 5 of Doom , I'm telling you .

Ahh yes . Behold . One of God's most upholded and greatest creations of all time . Who knew ? This powdery white substance which almost looks and taste like crystal meth which most people and chefs use to cook with can be used as an item to smoothen the surface abit , or as a war tool in the everyday food fight .

Yes people , I'm talking about flour . And there was flour flying everywhere throughout that classroom . Generous amounts of flour has been scattered all over the class with people not caring about their hygiene , nor safety .

Damn , you can choke a horse with the amount of flour thrown at that time . Speaking of horses , there were horse rides too ! Oh , how I would love to kick one of those mammals in the backside and tell them , " stop complaining " .



And my God ... Zhi Ying , one of the giants of Form Four , decided to play the game to which I was stationed at . It requires you to wear a slipper , using only your foot , you have to fling the slipper into one of the three holes .

But no one , foresaw what would literally change the ambiance of the class for like , 10 seconds..

She kicked the slipper , it flew up high and directly hit the pendaflour lights , causing them to crash all the way down into a million pieces .

Everyone looked in horror . Not knowing what to do , I screamed ..





For that , you win 50 points .





Thank God . The awkwardness was immediately dispersed . But I stood there and wonder the fact that I couldn't believe that ordeal happened . I mean , how .. could it have happened ?

Was it possible in terms of physics and logic ? Perhaps , the fag who made E=MC2 forgotten a little something ?

But surprisingly , that pathetic excuse for a game really brought in lots of noobs from the younger forms . Which means , it wasn't really all that deserted . It was , pretty busy .






Somehow , a strong psionic power from nowhere prevented me from taking any pictures of the glorious event . But I'm sure the Khala's Light is strong within me and with blessings from Adun , I managed to blog out almost anything and everything today .

And you thought the Vietnamese people were crazy , think again .

I'm pretty sure there would not be Canteen Day 2011 ! With all the mess and destruction produced , I'm pretty sure this event is blocked out from the history of SMK USJ 12 . None shall speak of it ever again .

Although , even though this whole ordeal was a complete disaster with chaos to top it off with , I think I have bonded even more with my friends . Jet was a great guy , lovely character with a funny sense of humor . A big thanks to Jasmine and Daalila for stopping by at our once-beautiful school , now wrecked and forever in my mind doomed to fail any cleanliness competitions . And Anton .. well . He's busy with things and I'm pretty busy as well . Aaron , Terence and Desmond were all there too . Stalking girls and what not .

Ashman , well .. dying to go home early . Joel , Chia Yung , Lisa and Yi Mann whose initial attempts to sell me their bubbletea failed terribly ( sorry guys ) . And last but not least , Chloe . Short as hell .

But , the list goes on and on ! I fear that if I write them all down I might suffer from Carpal Tunnel Syndrom . Wouldn't want that , would we ?

So I guess it doesn't matter whether or not the event takes a turn for the good or bad . It doesn't matter if a deranged psycho goes around stabbing people with blood gushing from every part of his victim's body parts .

No . I learnt that it's the people whom you share the moment with that really counts . Whether it's old friends , new friends , girlfriends or boyfriends .. Just as long as you have somebody there to say a simple hello or give you a friendly whack on the back , it's good enough for most of us I guess .

Call me old fashion , but that's the way it is .

And that's how it should be .




******************


Now that we've successfully cleared that part out , here's a song for you guys .

It's a beautiful song by Celine Dion called ' Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore ' . Orginally , it was written and produced by Jean-Jacques Goldman and now it's one of Celine's signature songs .

The song title means , So That You Will Love Me Again .

The lyrics tell of a woman who had constantly rejected a man who once had romantic feelings for her, but is now regretting that decision, and wants a second chance at romance.

And yes people , it's French . Don't bother understanding it . You never will .











******************




Rant and rant on I go .

Sometimes I need a timer to know when to stop blogging .

It's the after-effect of the Canteen Day . It's a killer , I tell you .

So , I hope you guys enjoy what I've blogged about today as much as I enjoy typing my hearts out for you .

See you guys around .








Signing off ,




- Jaden -

No comments:

Post a Comment