Friday, June 25, 2010

The poor needs help ,
Not sympathy .

- Mother Teresa



******************



Saturday


Greetings , my fellow earthlings !

It's the 26th of June , which means the month of June is about to go by and here comes July ! Oh, how time flies so very fast as I can still remember the day I first stepped into Form 4 .

The smells , the sights and of course the sounds . Ah , everything was just so brand new . I felt like I was given another chance to start a new life . Until he came along ..

But who knew ? That after spending 6 months sitting in class torturing the teachers giving them a run for their money's worth would go by so fast . It's as if what they say about time and tide waits for no man really does prove to be correct .





Sunday

On the 27th June ( Sunday ) , I tagged along with my sister and her office companions for a game of paintball . Yes , the game where our strength , courage , intelligence and teamwork are put to the test as you fire round after round of tiny balls filled with paint .

The venue was somewhere near Batu Caves , but further up a little . It was a jungle terrain , something different than the one at Pyramid . It really was an impressive set-up as our battleground really gave us the feeling of being in the army , during the Vietnam War .

There were bunkers made fallen trees , wooden planks and doors for cover and of course , trees all around us providing sufficient shield and cover as the enemy rains terror upon you .

Of course , the very obvious , each game consists of two teams to which my team was named " Hardware " , and the others were " Seafood " and " Software " . So these are the names auditors of the famed company KPMG are very fond of .

There were 27 people and we were split into three teams , each taking turns after one game and another . Hardware and Software ended in a draw where else team Seafood ended victorious . I guess you can't really mess with seafood after all ?

Anyways . Being hit with a paintball even from afar range really does hurt . It's like a bird with sharp beaks banging onto parts of your body , some say that it feels like being whipped by Pn Teo using a cane . But it definitely does leave a mark on your body , a sound reminder of what people would do to get a little bit of excitement .

I owned a total of 12 people in 3 games . The first game , we lost as we were bombarded with shots from the opposing team . The second round was a draw as either teams could make it to the other camp to capture the flag .

But one thing is for sure . During the 3rd round of the second terrain ( yes , there were two types of terrains . One feels like a normal uphill combat where the other feels like fighting against the Japanese as there were lots of hidden trails and bamboo shoots that protects you most of the time from vicious shots ) , I owned three ' kamikaze ' enemies who decided to run for it to capture our flag . As they approached the flagsite , I owned all three of them by releasing a relentless amount of paintballs onto their vests which by the way , each costs RM 95 . Luckily , being the youngest in the family I have leverage . Therefore , my sister was given the honor of paying the RM 95 for me :D

Oddly enough , some of my sister's collegues were very familiar to me , it's as if I've met them somewhere before . So , it wasn't hard for me to fit in as they feel the same about me as well . Although , their discussions on tax and job problems wasn't really my cup of tea .



But in the end , as one person enjoys something , he ends up screwing something else in return . Sometimes , I wonder if it was worth it going paintball-ing that day ..




P/s : Sorry , didn't had the time to take pictures during battle . Had the time to sms Aaron though . You see , I was the sniper at that time ..



*****************



Wimbledon 2o10


After an easy win against Arnaud Clement by a impressive 6-2 , 6-4 , 6-2 , Swiss maestro Roger Federer seemed to have found his rhythm back on track .

But what lies ahead of him is nothing but the true test as he faces either Djokovic of Serbia or Hewitt of Australia . Both players to which I might add , could prove to be the key obstacle in what many hopes for of a Federer-Nadal final .

Last year , Nadal could not defend his title as Wimbledon champ as he was affected with knee injury , which made him lose to Robin Soderling in the French Open as well . But this year , Nadal plays incredibly and is prepared to face anyone in order to be crowned Wimbledon champion again . Although , he recently admitted that his knees were somehow affecting him again .

But with Federer pumped up after his previous game , I pretty much think the thought of how important Wmbledon to him has set into his mind .

Roger Federer has advanced to the 4th round of Wimbledon 2010 where he will face Jurgen Melzer . The victory over Clement was quite solid although Federer's draw to the round of 16 has lacked a good player as ' soon to be out of the top 50 ' Tommy Robredo was the only other seed in that section of the draw .

Melzer is playing the best tennis of his career but this will be the first time he's ever played a Wimbledon 4th round match and that strongly implies that he ought to be easy pickings for Federer , who has made 7 consecutive finals at the All England Club .




Great to be back on rhythm



******************



Ever wondered what did famous celebrities say just right before they die ?

Well , here is some of the the most famous people of all time and here's what they said ..

Let's start off with ..








Elvis Presley
Last words
:
I hope I haven't bored you , "
( ending his last press conference) .






Bob Marley
Last words :

" Money can't buy life ."
( to one of his sons )









Barry White
Last words
:
" Leave me alone . I'm fine . "







Al Capone
Last words :

" You can get more with a kind word and a gun
than you can get with a kind word alone . "







Abraham Lincoln
Last words
:
" They won't think anything about it , "
( after Mary Todd Lincoln asked him what the patrons of
Ford's Theater might think of two old people holding hands )








John Lennon
Last words :

" Yes , I am , "
( while sitting in a police car on the way to a hospital , after officers
asked him if he were John Lennon )







Robert F Kennedy
Last words :

" Is everyone else all right ? "
( whispered to his wife ) .







John F Kennedy
Last words
:
"If someone is going to kill me , they will kill me , "
( on arriving in Dallas in 1963 ) .








Joe DiMaggio
Last words :
" I finally get to see Marilyn "
( referring to his ex-wife )







Frank Sinatra
Last words
:
" I'm losing . "








Pope John Paul II
Last words :

" Amen "








Pablo Picasso
Last words
:
" Drink to me! "
Other reports say " Drink to me . Drink to my health .
You know I can't drink any more . "







Mother Teresa
Last words :

" Jesus , I love you . Jesus , I love you . "








Martin Luther King Jr.
Last words:

" Make sure you play ' Take My Hand , Precious Lord . '
Play it real pretty , "








Marilyn Monroe
Last words
:
" Say goodbye to Pat , say goodbye to Jack and say goodbye to yourself ,
because you're a nice guy . "








Sir Winston Churchill
Last words :

" I'm bored with it all "







Saddam Hussein
Last words :

" I swear there is no God but Allah and Muhammad . . . "









Princess Diana Spencer
Last words :

" My God . What's happened ? "








Alex the African Grey Parrot
Last words :

" You be good . See you tomorrow . I love you . "





The parrot never got the chance to see tomorrow ..



************



Okay , my post ends here .

I'll see you guys some other time . Hope you've enjoyed this .

By the way , whose going to watch Twilight , Eclipse ? (:





- Jaden -

No comments:

Post a Comment