Tuesday, June 22, 2010

“ There are four questions of value in life ...
What is sacred ? Of what is the spirit made ? What is worth living for , and what is worth dying for ?
The answer to each is the same . Only love .”


- Johnny Depp




***************



Greetings to all of you .

In case some of you are still in dream-mode , the month of June is about to come to an end . And come to think of it , my SPM examinations are just around the corner .

And are the students is my class doing anything about it ?

I doubt so . There are constant bullying in class and the bullying does not limit itself towards students only , but teachers as well . But what can I say ? This class is uncontrollable and yet at the same time , very entertaining .

Anyways . I've just got back some of my mid-year test papers to which either I obtained A's for the papers , or I've failed them . However , it has come to my attention that there is ONE person I know who is glad enough that he has better marks in History than me . Well , let's not point fingers to anyone . (:

I sometimes wonder what's the point of these continuous examinations that are held all year round till' you're finally old enough to drive and hit an old lady with your car . To me , it's pointless .

But I guess that the government's move on abolishing UPSR and PMR proves that they wonder the same thing as I do . Let's just hope that they continue with this plan , otherwise there's gonna be hell to pay .





Speaking of hell , the weather these days suddenly doesn't feel like being in hell anymore . It's more , gentle in a way .

I know , I know .. I've been complaining about how hot and humid the weather has been but for now , I can't seem to do so . Well , that's because it's not hot anymore . These days , we have experienced cool mornings and normal afternoons . And when I say normal , I meant normal , normal . Not as in the super-hot afternoons where you take a step outside of your house and you sweat ridiculously like a pig .

Deep down , I do realize that these changes which seem very strange are aftermaths of drastic weather or conditions that have changed in other parts of the world . And to my surprise , I was right .

Not only in Singapore , but China as well are facing floods that have consumed the lives of many . Well , one man's poison is another man's meat , I guess . Perhaps we should just enjoy the weather while we still can . I know I am .

Because every morning , it feels like being at Fraser's Hill once again . Cool and calm . Okay , maybe not so calm . There is no such thing as ' calm ' if one studies in my class .



*************




Wimbledon 2010



On Monday , Wimbledon 2010 kicked start with a scare for world number two , Roger Federer as he nearly eliminated at his first Wimbledon match this year . Allejandro Falla of Columbia took Federer on a frightening ride as Falla took hold of the first two sets , sighting the end of Federer's quest to clinch a 6th Wimbledon title .

Beginning the match with Federer's attempt to serve and volley but to no avail . And it seems that every time the Swiss maestro attempted to perform a winning strike , Falla was there to counter the Swiss . Looking like he was about to die , Federer struggled throughout the first two sets looking for his timing and service .





Stressed .



But during the third set , Federer showed some improvement compared to the previous two sets where his backhands are always amiss . But during the third set where fear starts to creep into Falla's mind of winning , Federer broke Falla's service to clinch the third set .

During the fourth set , the Swiss ace attempted to push and pressurize Falla , which brought the game to a tie-breaker . Unforced errors from Falla gave Federer the lead in the tie-break to which the Swiss took hold of . And finally during the fifth set , due to exhaustion and muscle cramps on his legs , Federer took advantage of Falla and demolished the Colombian with full-class and luxurious hair by a 6-0 .

Roger Federer indeed proved once again why he is in fact , King of Grass . The game ended in favor of the Swiss by a frightening 5-7 , 4-6 , 6-4 , 7-6 , 6-0 .




And due to Federer's poor display , he has been asked to swallow a dose of humility after being shunted off Centre Court .

The Swiss , who has ruled the legendary court during a period of Wimbledon domination, will follow his Scottish rival to Court No 1 for his second-round match this evening .

Now , Federer awaits his next opponent Illia Bozaljac .





**************



Monty Python . One of the best comedic series ever made .

And now , I'm about to introduce to you one of the funniest scenes ever in history of history .

The beginning part might come to you as odd , but bear the cartoon dragon and finish up the video . The fun begins when they start to answer questions ..

Turn up the volume as you need to listen to what they say .

Enjoy .










" What do you mean ? An African swallow or an European swallow ? "



**************



Okay , I think that's enough for now .

I'll try my best to update again next week , God willing .

And for God's sake David , please stop bugging me to update my blog so very often . I simply do not have that much time to do so .




- Jaden -

No comments:

Post a Comment